Job description: Sales Director
Location: Based in Nairobi
icolo.io has been established with the vision of building a Pan African network of Colocation Data Centres. icolo.io will build and operate a state of the art, (Tier 3), vendor and carrier neutral data centres to serve a broad spectrum of clients - telecom carriers, ISPs and peering points, IT and cloud providers, content providers and corporates. The company will create a highly connected data center hub in their countries of operations. It will differentiate itself from providers of hosting services by being the first independent data center business to focus solely on co-location services (space, power availability licenses and physical interconnects). It is icolo.io’s objective to be the largest independent colocation data center operator in Africa over the next five years.
We are seeking a highly driven, quantitative, process & detail oriented and creative Sales Director who will develop and lead the sales team in Kenya.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a team that is building a Pan African Network of Data Centres.
As a Sales Director with icolo.io, you will be responsible for leading our Sales team as well as carrying a team quota rollup
- Manage sales team and account engagements to ensure sufficient opportunities to meet and exceed quota targets
- Build and maintain relationships with Account decision makers and decision influencers, key business partners and influencers in the colocation ecosystem & community
- Educate customers on icolo.io and develop a working knowledge of icolo.io Data Center Infrastructure offering.
- Hire, motivate, develop and mentor your sales team
- Establish sales objectives by refining annual sales quotas and forecasts; determine territories/regions/compensation and incentive plans
- Develop and monitor the team's key performance indicators (KPIs); anticipate and respond to market trends and changes
- Assist with complex sales negotiations, attend Tier 1 customer presentations and close high-end deals
- Partner with marketing to create outstanding sales collateral and lead gen/revenue gen programs
- Improve the ongoing effectiveness/productivity of the sales organization to ensure complete customer satisfaction
- Effectively manage the experience of customers and partners in the Midmarket.
- Resolve channel conflict and drive collaboration amongst other region and national Data center Segment teams.
- Coordinate team best practice sharing with cross functional teams, and Executive leadership awareness and involvement in Regional efforts.
- Communicate standards and expectations of Segment and Regional performance.
- Conduct and participate in high-level sales calls, sales meetings, training, in-house demonstration for sales prospects, etc.
- Creation of a 2-3year Midmarket strategic plan for the Region through cross functional partnership.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in the Data center or Technology Channel, 5 years dedicated sales management in colocation services is a plus.
- An excellent network in the ISP, IT and Financial Services sectors in Kenya
- Good Excel skills, financial modelling skills will be an excellent advantage
- Ability to work on a CRM
- Can work in a non-office environment and is able to deliver without active supervision
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple concurrent projects and drive initiatives in a cross functional environment
- Knowledge of Data center market.
- Significant experience in leading a team of sales professional with a common purpose
- Significant experience with employee development and management.
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills.
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence and impact others’ decision making.
- Practical understanding of policy and program impact on the business.
- Marketing experience
- Integration/Start-up experience
- Project Management experience
- Business Development experience
- Commercial (Customer Facing) experience - C -suite management
- Strategy/Planning experience
Good to have
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make decisions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including advanced PowerPoint/presentation ability.
- Copious amounts of humour.
Completed a graduate business degree or MBA program in an analytical field or business field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Business Administration, Finance, Management etc.)
- Unique experience of working in Africa with cool people focused on building a great business
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Very attractive Bonus