Job: Marketing Analyst
Location: Based in Nairobi
Company: icolo.io has been established with the vision of building a Pan African network of colocation data centers. icolo.io builds and operate state-of-the-art (Tier 3), vendor and carrier neutral data centers to serve a broad spectrum of clients, telecom carriers, ISPs and peering points, IT and cloud providers, content providers and corporates. The company will create a highly connected Data Centre Hub in their countries of operations. It will differentiate itself from providers of hosting services, by being the first independent data center business to focus solely on co-location services (space, power availability and licenses and physical interconnects). It is icolo.io's objective to be the largest independent colocation data enter operator in Africa over the next five years.
· Brand Manual development management
· Execute and measure various client-based digital marketing and customer data campaigns that utilize SEO, SEM, Social, email, content marketing and paid online marketing techniques that drive measurable inbound marketing results.
· Drive the development of the main website and ensures that it remains current from a technological and content perspective.
· Track and report digital marketing key performance indicators; and identify, recommend, and execute improvements for optimizing strategy, budget allocations and end to end customer experience (e.g., funnels, inbound marketing, lead nurturing, conversion/touch points), and additional web site improvement.
· Monitor Twitter, face book, and other relevant sites and actively participate in discussions across communities’ social networks and blogs.
· Spread the organizational group philosophy through exciting blog and social web content.
· Carry out necessary research work and identify key countries/regions in Africa that would develop the business activities of the company.
· Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software
· Write PR campaigns for new customers, launch of new Data Centers, specific sales activities. Be able to work with external agencies to run PR campaigns
· Create and manage a bimonthly newsletter
· Be able to conceptualize, design and source ‘icolo.io’ branded materials
Required Skills and experience
· Minimum three years’ experience in Marketing and communication
· Very good writing skills
· Marketing/Communication and social media strategic experience
· Some work experience in a multinational company, preferably with operations in Africa.
· Advanced proficiency in social media tools and management.
· Entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature, ability and drive to work independently, solution oriented.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications business or equivalent.
Good to have
· Strong corporate communication and marketing experience
· Proven graphic design experience.
· Good network with PR and media agencies
· Understand social Media planning
· Demonstrated resourcefulness in proposing new ways of creating efficiencies and navigating new marketing plans.
· Understand Data Centers and technology landscape
· No shortage of ambition and good karma.