iColo.io has been established with the vision of building a Pan African network of Colocation Data Centers. iColo.io will build and operate a state of the art, (Tier 3), vendor and carrier neutral data centers to serve a broad spectrum of clients - telecom carriers, ISPs and peering points, IT and cloud providers, content providers and corporates.
The company will create a highly connected data center hub in their countries of operations. It will differentiate itself from providers of hosting services by being the first independent data center business to focus solely on co-location services (space, power availability licenses and physical interconnects). It is icolo.io’s objective to be the largest independent colocation data center operator in Africa over the next five years.
We are looking for an architect to work in house under the supervision of a senior architect. The ideal candidate should have an interest in and/or experience with technical buildings. He/she should be able to liaise with team members from a non-architectural background and assist with all aspects related to building construction and graphics. This may include drawing plans, simple graphics and also full set of construction documents.
Experience, Knowledge and Expertise:
5 years working experience required which should include the following:-
1. Preparation of working drawings using CAD. AutoCAD or similar knowledge preferred. Portfolio of work done will be required to be shown.
2. Experience with site supervision, including meeting minutes, detailed reporting, filing of information in an organised manner etc.
3. Conversant with Kenya building codes.
4. Good communication skills both verbal and graphic. Ability to use e-mail, Word, Excel or similar programs to present information in a neat and clear manner.
5. Ability to work in teams - sharing information in a timely manner, asking for information as necessary, stepping in to help other team members as needed etc.
6. Being responsible for own work, keeping time, delivering work punctually. Reliability is regarded very highly.
7. Other interests outside of work and ability to get along with the rest of the office is a must. Being self motivated, showing an interest in the work that is outside the core area of work will be appreciated.
1. Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Diploma in Architecture
2. Knowledge of graphics software like Photoshop or similar
3. Fluent in English